New Lunch Time Experience
Yesterday I treated myself to a buffet lunch at the newly renovated Capitol Grille. When I was finished, I had a few minutes before I had to return to work, so I walked up to Michigania.
At the corner of Michigan and Washington (with the Capitol building looming to the west) was a stopped car, with a police car behind it.
On the way back from Michigania, a second police car had pulled up behind the vehicles. The officer was approaching the first officer and said, "Looks like we got lucky today."
My car was parked just a little way down Michigan, so I had to drive by the corner to get back to work. The young woman driver (probably no older than twenty-five, blond) was out of the auto and was being cuffed. One of the officers was holding her handbag, a dainty little gold thing.
I had never seen such a thing. Of course, I'll probably never find out what it was all about, but it made a good water-cooler story.